Hanlon Concrete Products are fully committed to implementing the provisions of the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 and any other relevant legislation which may arise in the future. We have an extensive detailed safety statement, which we encourage all our employees to familiarise themselves with, upon joining our company and to review it periodically at there discretion.
Some General Health & Safety Tips we advocate when using Concrete Blocks
- Always store in a clean dry area
- Only stack two cubes high
- Not to be lifted above 1st floor
- Freshly laid blocks should always be protected from exposure to rain or frost
- Good quality mortar only to be used which is in line with manufacturing guidelines
- Always have clear unobstructed access for the block lorries
- Lorry operator needs level solid ground to safely operate his lorry jacks when using his crane
- When lifting blocks onto 1st floor scaffolding the driver will only place them if the scaffolding has been properly erected and tied securely and be of such structure that it will carry the load.